Oct 26, 2008

She's ONE!



Amelia's 1st birthday did not start off so well. The night before she ran a fever ALL night long. Larry was the one who saw the big molar in her mouth in the morning. What good timing for those 1-year molars to come. We started off her morning with her favorite breakfast, Big Skinny's, and she did eat 2 pancakes. After breakfast was a long nap which I think was the best thing that could have happened. She woke up feeling better and was actually smiling a little.

We headed off to the Pumpkin Patch for a family day to celebrate. Amelia liked walking/playing in the pumpkin area with the hay. I took her in there because she had lost a shoe so while Larry was looking for it I let her walk around on the hay in her socks.


I guess pumpkins make good chairs.




Her other favorite was the playing in the seeds. I like this much better than sand. She would put the seeds in the truck and then dump it out and do it all over again. And amazingly enough- she didn't even try to eat one.





Dinner wasn't a big success as you can tell by her face. I made homemade pizza and got reviews that it was almost as good as Tiff & Jared's. Yeah for me! Amelia ate mostly the toppings- she loves olives and even ate a couple mushrooms.





Opening presents was fun for Lilly. Lilly got to open them all because Amelia just wasn't interested, especially after Lilly opened the first one because then she wanted to play with the toy.



Blowing out her very first candle! She tried to grab it so we blew it out quickly for her.



And FINALLY, she got to have her cake! It took her awhile to even dig in, she would stare at it and then get her hands close but she'd pull her hands back quickly. She was hesitating on messing up my beautiful cake. Once she got in though she really liked the frosting.



Look how much you've grown! I love you Amelia!










Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Rebecca

Happy Birthday Mia!!

Wish we could have been there--what a fun day for the entire family!