THANKSGIVING was tons of fun. Since I didn't have to make the whole dinner I had fun experimenting with the mashed potatoes. My favorite- mashed potatoes with sour cream, cream cheese and chives with a little bit of butter & onion salt. They were yummy! We celebrated the day at my parents house and had a lot of fun playing games. My Dad makes the best homemade rolls EVER- but I guess I am a little biased. Lillian ate ALL her broccoli but NONE of her turkey. Amelia's favorite was the TURKEY with gravy on it. Gage of course, had lots of EVERYTHING, except maybe the broccoli.
We had fun TEASING Jared while he was trying to figure out the "trick" to using your fork to make to glasses ring. That might not make any sense to some of you but it's kind of a tradition when we get out the fancy CHINA. That and making our glasses RING like Gracie Hart in Miss Congeniality. We are a VeRy musical family.
Here's pictures from a weekend spent playing AIRSOFT. Even Lilly wanted to join in the fun. They changed the layout of the game and now they play at the bottom of my parents backyard with BAGS of leaves as their HIdeOuts. Back then there wasn't any snow on the ground so they were out there until the batteries of their guns died out.
My HUSBAND is an official MBA GRAD! After 5 years of school we are FINALLY done! Well, until he decides to go for his PhD. Now that we've reached our goal, we aren't sure what our new goal to strive for will be. Perhaps learning what to deal with each other being at home every night. I am so PROUD of him for having the determination & discipline to get his degrees. I hope that his example will give our children the motivation and aptitude to go after their dreams.
2 comments:
I'm glad you updated!! I keep checking your blog but know you're pretty busy. Fun photos and memories of the last couple weeks.
Oh, and a BIG CONGRATS to Larry. What a huge accomplishment! You BOTH worked really hard to reach this goal---way to go! Yeah!
CONGRATS LARRY!!!! Good luck with the "both being home at night" thing. David took the last couple of months off of scuba and he has been driving me NUTS!
Post a Comment