Feb 5, 2009

Precious Moments

We all expirience what I'd like to call "precious moments", those moments when you don't know whether to laugh or cry, where your mind is running through ALL the repercussions of the moment but your heart is melting with love. I don't always get to capture mine on camera, today I must have been on the ball- because I caught 2.

Our craft/learning time today included painting which usually does come with a mess. I set up both girls at the table and they were happily painting away with all the fun rainbow colors. I needed to go a grab myself a painting shirt so I told the girls to paint me a picture while I ran upstairs REALLY fast. As I am upstairs quickly changing my shirt I hear Lilly trying to tell me something. I asked her again what she said so as I was coming down the stairs she said again... "Mommy, I painting Mia!" And no, she wasn't painting a picture of Amelia, she was actually painting on Amelia!


Lilly's hands after doing hand prints.

Lilly's masterpiece! Picasa Mia!!

Amelia was responsible for her hands..
part of it was doing handprints.
But as Lilly told me ALL about it,
Lilly was the artist behind the belly designs....

.. and the rainbow hairdo.

The funniest part was that Amelia didn't even mind. So when I told Lilly she wasn't supposed to paint on Mia, her response was, "I make her happy Mom!"
LAUGHing moment: Amelia looked hilarious.
CRYing moment: Their clothes, hair... ugh.
Going through my MIND: Laundry... showers.
My HEART: My girls are getting along so well, how sweet!
PRECIOUS MOMENT #2 TODAY
Lunch time!?! I'm going to let the pictures tell the story.

HEART

My girls LOVE peanut butter just as much as I do!

CRY

Need I say it.... Laundry... Showers.... again. It's no wonder

I never get anything done.

MIND

In this case it was a positive one- My first thought-

Peanut Butter Hair Gel.. HMM.. I wonder.....

LAUGHING

Isn't it the cutest peanut butter face ever?

Right after a big ol' scoop of it she could hardly move her mouth.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Rebecca

Allie I am laughing and crying for you too!! Mostly laughing--what an awesome photo story of the reality of kids and motherhood. I LOVE this! This is now my most favorite blog post EVER!

Give those girls a hug from me!

Laura

Made me smile =) I'm sure you didn't mind doing laundry QUITE as much as usual for this one!