May 16, 2009

Fun at the Bunnell's

Over the instant messenger one day, Tiffany made a comment to Larry asking when he was gonna let me come and help her organize her house. Little did she know that he would actually follow through with it. The planning process began. I knew Mom was planning her trip down to Logan in May so, between her, Larry & I we got my plane tickets so the girls & I could fly down to visit for a week.
Mom flew down with us last Thursday (the 7th) so I had some help with the girls which was good because I wasn't sure how Lilly & Amelia would behave on the flight. They did great! Lilly asked "who was driving the plane?", followed by "where is the pilot?", then followed by a few more "are we done yet's?". She enjoyed watching the clouds out her window and especially loved her special drink that she got from the lady (flight attendant). Amelia was fidgety and wanted nothing more than to run around but with the help of crayons, fruit snacks, apples & some juice she only had a rough time landing because of her ears. I was glad Mom was with me just in case but the trip down had me at ease thinking about the flight home without MOm's extra hands.

We had a great weekend with Mom before she went to Logan. Friday we were brave enough to go shopping with all 3 kids. We would have been okay but the shopping we wanted to do entailed trying on clothes. We quickly learned that THAT was not going to be possible.. unless we went one at a time. I decided to opt for the "take it home to try it on, then return it if it doesn't fit" rule. We DID find some great things though including some a new purse for me, my Mother's day gift to myself! Saturday Lilly did chaffeur duty with Tiff, driving Mom to the temple, while I hung out at the house with the napping babies. Afterwards we dug out all of Tiff's pictures to decide where to hang/not hang her pictures.

Mother's day was a beautiful day. I ate dark chocolate without feeling guilty about just how much I ate. We played with the kids, had a yummy late lunch/dinner and ended the night watching a chick flick. Did I mention my wonderful phone calls from home, Gage, Gabriel & Larry all called to wish me a happy day!

The rest of the week at Tiff's house was spent playing with the kids, organizing her pantry, hanging pictures, re-arranging her storage room so she could find things, weeding her flower beds & watching a movie each night after the kids were in bed! I don't feel like we got as much accomplished as I anticipated but I had a great time with my Sis so it was worth every minute!

Jared borrowed the neighbor's mower so he could mow the backyard, it was the first weekend with good weather for him to do it! The kids had a great time following him as he mowed "paths" into the tall grass.. oh and did I mention ice cream! We love the Ice Cream!!








Posted by Picasa

0 comments: