Only in Oxford for a few hours and already Amelia looks like this...
The drive down was pretty long. I drove the whole way while Mom entertained the girls. At least it was a little overcast so we weren't so hot especially coming across Idaho where we had to slow to 45mph a couple times going through construction areas. Amelia finally fell asleep the last hour before arriving. Lilly remembered Grandma Jean really well and gave her hugs right away, Amelia was a little for hesitant but warmed up quick enough.
Lilly headed first for the swings. A great addition to Oxford since I was little. We spent most of the evening swinging the girls higher and "higha" says Amelia. It was just nice to be out of the car and breathe the Oxford air that is full of Cow Manure, Hay & Grass.. but that night.. mostly Manure. Oxford wouldn't be the same without it.
Can you see the kids? They loved having soo much room to run & play! I loved it too because I didn't have to worry about neighbors or streets full of cars!
And best of all- we got to spend a weekend with these 2 smiley faces!! Tiff & Quinn drove up Friday after she finished working. It was nice to talk - not on instant messenger- for awhile and catch up and watch our little blondies run everywhere.
To finish off the night- a bath in the big tub with lots of bubbles! Quinn accidentally turned on the jets and scared them to pieces but at least we got them all scrubbed clean first. When we drained the water there was a ring of dirt still left in the tub- EWW! They were certainly dirty!
The best part of the LONG day was that ALL the kids fell fast asleep! Of course- I can't say much about the next morning.. when they were all up EARLY!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment