This week holds another 1st for Lilly. Her 1st Ballet class. She had her choice of gymnastics or ballet. She got to pick out her own leotard- it had to be white but she got to pick which one- so she chose one with an attached tutu.
The worst part was fixing her hair. She hates having her hair brushed & fixed. I think I may have to cut it at least shoulder length. But she endured my haphazard bun styling.
I took her picture before we left. She was excitedly dancing in the driveway.
This is her once she realized I was taking her picture. Attitude at age 5 but look how cute it is on her. It probably won't be as cute in 10 years.
While Lilly was getting ready, I had Mia in my ear saying "where's my ballet tights Mom? where's my leetard? where's my shoes? etc.." So, I scrounged around the dress up box and found her tights & a tutu to wear. And of course, I had to fix her hair just like Lilly's.
Her class went great! There are only 5 girls so it's a nice size. Lilly participated very well. She had a hard time at first with the tap shoes (the first 10 minutes or so is tap) she kept taping her toe instead of on her heel. But she did very well listening to her teacher, Payton, and following instructions. At the end when they had free dance time she wasn't sure what to do. Amelia & I watched her through the window and at the end Amelia was doing "free" time out in the hallway pretending to dance ballet. Lilly must have been nervous about going because when she was done the first thing she said was "I love ballet NOW".
0 comments:
Post a Comment