From the moment Lilly woke up all the until we walked out to the bus stop, she was anxious and extremely talkative. After Breakfast she asked, Is it time to go yet? She got dressed and put on her new shirt, she new favorite color is PURPLE so she had to wear the purple shirt. She allowed me to partially fix her hair and then brushed her teeth. This took up all of 30 minutes and she was again asking, Is it time to go yet?
So, she sat and played lego's with Amelia while I got dressed and ready. As soon as I walked downstairs I heard, Is it time to go yet Mom?
To distract her a little bit we sat and put all of her box tops in the envelope so she could give them to her teacher (and actually HAVE something to carry in her backpack). Then we wrote her name on her backpack and set it by her shoes and bus tag.. all ready to go!
It's about 9:45 now... still 2 additional hours to go so she helped me fold some laundry. At 10:30 I decided to take her to the store to pick out her leotard for ballet class on Wednesday. She was very nervous that we wouldn't get back home in time and she'd miss the bus.
When we got back, she wanted to have hot dogs for lunch but "I only want 1 hot dog, Mom, because I might not have time to eat 2 and I don't want the bus to leave without me."
After finishing up her lunch it was FINALLY time to walk to the bus stop. Doesn't she look so grown up with that serious expression on her face?
Waiting at the bus stop. Gage walked down with us and they played football toss while watching for the bus to come.
There were 2 other kids at the stop with us today. Lilly introduced herself to the little boy who is actually in her class.
The bus came, right on time, and part of me wanted to grab her and run back home and "keep" her with me for another year. But my brave girl climbed right up those bus steps, found a seat and waved to me out the window.
THIS IS WHEN I SAT AT WORK BEING NERVOUS- IT'S TRUE- I WAS NERVOUS!
I even left work a little extra early to make sure i'd get to the school in time to pick her up. I ended up being 20 minutes early- that's how nervous i was!!
When the bell finally rang (geesh, the last time a bell ringing was soo important to me was YEARS ago) I watched as her teacher led them out of the classroom in a long line. Lilly started out 3rd in line but the lind behind her kept going so she ended up in a sea of kids in the middle. When she saw me the first thing I noticed was she was SMILING! yeah!! Definitely a good sign for an anxious Mom. Her teacher called her name and she was able to run to me and start telling me about her day.
She held my hand and as we walked towards the car she asked me "Mom, how come i don't get to ride the bus home?" So, I explained about how there would be lots of other kids on the bus coming home and did she want to ride the bus with ALL those other kids. Her response "I want to ride the bus, it's fun." (SEE JARED- RIDING THE BUS IS FUN!)
The first thing she told me when we got in the car was "we got snacks, animal snacks" then she told me about the bus ride "the bus driver knew how to get to my school Mom!" (Boy am I relieved about that) and "I sat by my new friend but I can't member their name yet". Then she excitedly informed me that when she got off the bus "their was a teacher there who i can't member their name who told me to go play on the toys for just a minute and then i heard a bell and my teacher came to get me and we went into the class and it wasn't scary or anything." Yes, that was all said in one breath. Other things she was excited about were her friend Sabrina who she says sits by her, the picture she got to draw of just herself because her teacher told her not to draw her family, another new friend and her teacher reading her a story.
First Day of KINDERGARTEN= SUCESS! Way to go Lilly!
the "after school" photos
ps. while Lilly was at school Amelia had fun playing toys and didn't fight -since her Big sis wasn't there to fight with.
2 comments:
this is awesome! I'm SO GLAD to hear that her day went well with all smiles!! What a morning of waiting--she does look so grown up with her "serious" face.
Darling pictures--I want to be there!
Yeah Lilly!
She looks grown up but still so small with that HUGE backpack :-) What a sweetheart she is.
Post a Comment