Birthday Morning Cheese! I can't believe she's already 3!
Our birthday breakfast doesn't work quite so well during the school year. Still, the girls & I enjoyed Mia's choice of Scrambled eggs with Cheese & chocolate milk!
After eating breakfast we had to get Lilly's homework finished up and get ready for school & work. Once Lilly was on the bus Mia & I headed to the office. I wish I had taken my camera with me because the office girls put Birthday signs up for Mia all around my desk! They even had a few gifts & cupcakes for her as well.
Daddy brought home a couple balloons fit for a princess!
For dinner she chose to go to McDonalds. Not my favorite pick but it's her favorite by far! We met Mom, James, & Jared over there and have a nice easy dinner that we didn't have to clean up. Once we got home, it was definitely time to open up some presents!
Once we had ALL the presents unwrapped, opened and all tags removed, it was time for CAKE!
This year, Mia requested a PINK Jabba the HUT cake! It was quite a doozy and I stressed over how to make one for the last couple of weeks. Finally, I just did it all the morning of her birthday- no stress- just fun and both the girls helped me do it. The end result being....
I personally like to call it "Mrs. Hut" since it's pink but Mia insists it's Jabba. It turned out better than I anticipated. I'm my worst critic so I see all the flaws however, Amelia loved it which makes it PERFECT in my eyes! At one point she had all her Dad's star wars guys "playing" with the cake Jabba.
THREE things I adore about this girl.
1. I never know what to expect. She keeps me on my toes with her creativity, endless energy & boundless surprises! One instance that comes to mind is the night she turned down the water heater without anyone noticing until the next morning... when we ALL had COLD showers.
2. She still LOVES to cuddle with ME.
3. She is determined. When she wants something, she goes for it, which can sometimes be a bad thing, but overall.. I think I like the fact that she won't be pushed around by others!
2 comments:
Oh, I love that silly girl too! She just makes me laugh.
Wow she's three!! That seemed like it happened so fast. The cake cracks me up--it looks awesome but that's so funny that she wanted a pink Jabba the Hut. That has to be a FIRST ever! What a memory. Hugs to Mia from us!
Post a Comment