Jun 18, 2011

April at a glance

Man alive, where have I been? I just looked at my blog and realized that 2 entire months have passed by and I haven’t added a single post! Well, in good ol’ blog fashion here’s a picture dump of my April.

Let’s start with my Birthday!
We were at my in-laws in Oak Harbor. We spent the morning at the mall in Mt. Vernon especially for me since I am the only one of the group that LOVES to shop. There was (of course) a pizza dinner- which I could probably live off of on a daily basis. While I went out to “help” pick up the pizza, Peggy, Larry and all the kids decorated the kitchen/dining area with twilight paraphernalia! Then they had a special twilight cake made for me with raspberry filling- very delish, especially the frosting.  The night was completed with card games!




While we were with the In-laws we took a trip down to Seattle for THE STAR WARS CONVENTION!
This was A first!!! We had a great time looking at everything and taking pictures. I was a little disappointed that I didn’t see people all dressed up, mostly cause I wanted to dress up. Good thing I didn’t though since NO one was in costume. L  The first cou[le pictures are from the Pacific Science Center, where the convention was being held.










The rest of the month I:
Finished painting a dresser for Gage & one for Amelia.

Helped Gage decorate his posters asking Kylee Anderson to Prom- then I got to help out taking pictures at the dance!! Unfortunately, I didn’t get to do any good spying on him during the dance, I was too busy attempting to pose the kids for their pictures.



I took the kids to the park a couple times on our nice weather days- we didn’t have too many and it seems I completely missed Spring this year.. or did spring miss me?



I helped out taking baseball pictures a couple days. I learned a couple things if I ever do it again. 1. to always take a warm sweater no matter what- the sun is very deceitful at times. 2. IT will be windy no matter WHAT!
I almost finished this post without even mentioning EASTER! I guess it was squeezed in to tightly into my crazy month. Our Egg hunt this year was at Mom & Dad’s house, the girls enjoyed running around, I wish we had an adult easter egg hunt- since we outnumbered the girls quite a bit!! 




The Easter bunny actually made an appearance as we were leaving the house! What a wonderful surprise and both girls loved it- I thought it was pretty spectactular too! He's a little hard to see- but he's in the picture.
There was a question from the girls as to HOW the bunny carried and hid all those eggs! Sunday morning there was a little surprise left on the girls beds, they didn’t even notice for a couple hours since they both had climbed into bed with me. They got to wear their new dresses to church and chow down on lots of chocolate.
I’m pretty sure I’ve left out something- I’ll just have to blog about it later if I ever remember. Now on to May.... which was 5x's as crazy!

0 comments: