Jan 19, 2010

We've got a bowler!!

It didn't take Lilly that long to MASTER the art of Wii bowling. Last week I played a couple games with her while she "showed" me how to play. During one of our games while I was bowling Lilly had to run to the bathroom. So, after I finished up my turn and went into the kitchen to grab a drink. While pouring my water I heard Lilly shout from inside the bathroom "Mom, did I hit any?". Not quite sure what she was talking about I turned around and there on our BIG SCREEN TV was Lilly's bowling ball rolling down the alley!! My little girl was bowling while going potty- gotta love the Wii!
Yesterday, January 18th, Gabe, James, Jared & Lilly were Wii bowling. I was in and out of the room doing some laundry but I couldn't escape the shouts and wow's from the family room. After some more I went down to see what all the noise was about and was amazed! Lilly was just starting her 10th frame - this is what her score looked like thus far.. open frame, then all strikes with 1 spare up until her last turn. I sat and watched her last turn. Remote in hand she walks back to the couch, turns around and runs towards the tv and at the last second she lets go of her ball... strike! To which she jumps up and says "i'm on fire" (must have gotten that from the boys). Then as I sat there.. she bowled 2 MORE strikes just the same way!! See beat the stuffin out of those boys and ended with a score of 258! Better than Larry has even done in REAL life- my average for both Real & Wii bowling is usually a 120 so she creamed me!
After that game the boys tried their hand at bowling like Lilly to see if they could have such skill- no such luck. They deduced amoungst themselves that Lilly didn't have the emotional stress of trying to get only strikes.. she just played since she doesn't know what the score is. Whereas, those boys, stress out after the first couple strikes that they breakdown.
So, I am going to instigate a family bowling championship game next time we are all together so we can watch the little one's beat us all!

1 comments:

Rebecca

GO Lillian! I would have loved to see the boys' faces while she was smokin' them!