Generally, I like to paint. Painting the walls, furniture, or with the girls makes me happy. Watching how color changes everything, even small little details that I overlooked before (like how my white furniture looks brighter -yet dirtier- with the walls not being white).
After years of watching all those home decorator shows I have finally attempted my very first stripes! Yeah Me!! The process was not fun. I comtemplated quitting many times as I was measuring, leveling, taping, re-measuring, re-leveling & re-taping. After it all though, I am happy with my wall. It completes the room. It is wonderful & fun. I just may attempt this again after all. Maybe I'll even try it with 3 different colors? horizontal? the possibilities with paint are endless. My favorite thing about painting is that even if it doesn't turn out, I haven't failed because I can & WILL paint over it until it's ME. Did I mention I still have 2 more walls to paint in this room? Yeah, I'm not quite done yet so hopefully the end product is just as satisfying.
After years of watching all those home decorator shows I have finally attempted my very first stripes! Yeah Me!! The process was not fun. I comtemplated quitting many times as I was measuring, leveling, taping, re-measuring, re-leveling & re-taping. After it all though, I am happy with my wall. It completes the room. It is wonderful & fun. I just may attempt this again after all. Maybe I'll even try it with 3 different colors? horizontal? the possibilities with paint are endless. My favorite thing about painting is that even if it doesn't turn out, I haven't failed because I can & WILL paint over it until it's ME. Did I mention I still have 2 more walls to paint in this room? Yeah, I'm not quite done yet so hopefully the end product is just as satisfying.

0 comments:
Post a Comment