Dec 19, 2010

Lilly's Haircut

I was tired. Tired of the crying, the complaining and especially the whining when it came time to brush/fix Lilly's hair. So, Lilly & I made a deal. After her Ballet Recital we could go and get it cut however she liked.

A friend at work recommend "house of style"- it's where she and her girls have been going for awhile and they love it. After Lilly reminding me several times, I finally called and got her in.

We went Saturday morning. Megan greeted her and offered her a drink, which she declined, and then lead her to a little room in the back. She sat her up in the big chair facing the mirror and then asked "Lilly, what do YOU want to do with your hair?"

I was all ready to step in and speak for her, after all, this is my little girl that often goes into shy mode when dealing with strangers. I didn't have to say anything. Lilly started chatting and explaing right away. Lilly showed her with her fingers where she wanted it. I only had to offer a little clarification and approval on my part.

Lilly was ecstatic at getting her hair shampooed and scalp massaged. She sat very still and was very obedient through the whole cutting then styling process.

The ICING on the cake was the sparkles of gold that Megan sprayed in her hair at the very end. It was what she needed to complete the princess feel of the whole thing.

And doesn't she look so sweet?





I just hope she doesn't get too used to all that pampering! Mia is now waiting for her turn to get her hair cut and sparkles in her hair. 

1 comments:

Rebecca

She looks darling--can't wait to see her tomorrow! I'll have to look into getting some gold sparkles!