Oct 3, 2013

Triple Play Adventures

Our family vacation this year was short and sweet. With a 3 month old, husband with a busy work schedule, teens work schedule and various other summer activities it was the perfect scenario for us.

We drove 2.5 hours north to Triple Play. It has an indoor water park, mini golf, bowling, go karts, arcade & laser tag. For me the biggest thing was that it was connected to the hotel making feeding/napping for baby more convenient.

Lincoln loved the indoor water park. No, he didn't like to get wet as you can tell by the picture,

but he loved the sound and the humidity in the air. If he was getting fussy while we were doing something else one of us would push the stroller or carry him into the water park area and he'd be asleep in no time.

I'm pretty sure that the other 4 kids loved the water slides. There were 4 slides and we all went on them at least once (the kids went lots of times). Three of the slides you went with a partner on a double inner tube, the last slide was a solo ride on a mat. Lilly's favorite was the 'red' slide where she got to sit in the front seat and then you slide into a funnel like area before being spit out into the pool. Amelia loved ALL of the rides even the dark tubes that Lilly didn't care for much. I was proud of her for not being scared at all to try out the slides. Gage & Gabe were great partnering up with the girls going down the slides and swimming in the little wave pool. It was good sibling bonding time.


 
Gage, Gabe & Larry also enjoyed the go-karts. The girls didn't actually get to drive so they weren't as impressed but still had a good time.
 
 
Gage & I got drenched on the bumper boats. I guess we weren't thinking because we were all in our street clothes and we still got on. I had Lilly with me, Gage was with Mia and Gabe had one to himself (and he was the only dry one at the end). There were a few waterfalls that weren't even very big- you could steer around them- and then we had squirt guns attached to the boats so we could spray other people. Those were the only ways to get wet. Lilly & I ended up under a waterfall in the first minute, I think Mia steered her and Gage under the waterfall on purpose, so we were both out to get Gabe all wet. We did manage to get him cornered and get him with the guns but we couldn't get him under the waterfall to get soaking wet.



 
We also did some bowling..
Regular style and DUCK bowling. I won regular style with a score of less than 100- we are THAT good! Gage smoked us all on the Duck game. We didn't spend that much time in the room unless it was before or after swimming.  Lincoln had his first little 'merry go round' ride.  Then a round of mini-golf that was cut short with some rain. After that was some arcade time where we won some less than semi-fabulous prizes. I did do pretty good on Deal or No Deal.
 
 


 
 


0 comments: