Jun 28, 2008

Lagoon









Amusement Parks are great for excitement and good times. The boys (Larry, Gage, Gabriel, Jared2, Josh, James & Jared) got to Lagoon around noon to ride all the rides and play in the arcade. Tiffany, Quinn, Lillian, Amelia and myself joined them around 5 when it was slightly cooler. We got to put Lilly on some of the rides for the first time which ended up being really funny. We started with the infamous Log Ride (not sure of the particular name of the ride) and I was nervous about how she would handle the ride. Getting in the boat was fine and even the short little ride before the climb upwards went fine. Then we started going up the hill and I could feel her tense up a little, as we got to the top and started downwards she actually started laughing. It was over real quick but she still had a big smile on her face as we waited to unload. When Larry asked her how the ride was her response was, "first we went up, then we went down, yeah". She rode on some of the kiddie rides by herself, Gabe was able to sit with her on some of the flying ones to make sure she didn't climb out and finished off the rides on the carosel with Amelia.

The boys played the games- or tried too. There was the ring toss, dart throwing, fast ball, Guess your weight?, Duck race, some magnetic one and I even played against Tiff at WhacAMole. Unfortunately I lost and the carebear prize went to Quinn so I told Larry he had to challenge Jared2 so he could win one for Lilly and once again- the Bunnell's beat the Smith's but Jared2 was kind enough to let Lilly have the prize- a pink carebear. Thanks Uncle Jared2!

We ended the night exhausted, with tired feet and cranky kids (even the big ones) but it was a fun day. I couldn't leave without getting my amusement park fix- a cinnamon Churro- so Larry bought me one on our way out.

The boys went back the next day to take advantage of the $8 second day price. After standing in line like it was disneyland they got to ride Wicked and they all loved it. Also, Rattlesnake Rapids had been closed the day I went but was open the next day so they got to go on that ride as well. They all used their tickets they won at the arcade to get some fabu prizes- I think most of them went to Lilly-spOiled!

0 comments: