Sep 21, 2008

Swinging & Memories

The weather here is starting to get much cooler so we had to take advantage of a nice sunner afternoon by spending most of the day outside. As always, the swings are the hit of the day. Lilly kept saying to me "Swing me higher Mommy, higher!" I hope swinging makes her feel like flying and that she'll always enjoy it like I have.
I don't have a journal of my memories so I will add my memories a little here and there. Here is a picture of me on February 14, 1990. It was Valentines day at school and we lived in Idaho Falls so it was VERY cold outside. In fact it was so cold there was ice under the swings where a pool of water had been. My friends and I were swinging at recess when a girl I didn't particularly care for (I can't remember her name let alone why i didn't like her or vice versa) but she came up behind me while I was swinging and gave me a "push". Well, I must not have been very strong because that little "push" sent me out of my swing, sliding on the ice below me and smack dab into one of the swingset poles. I didn't think much of it or I was trying to be "tough" because I didn't think much of it and was about to get back on my swing when my friends started screaming and pointing at my head. It was then that I reached up and touched my head and then looked at my hand and saw blood. So I went inside to find my teacher and she took me down to the nurse's room and they called my Mom. I do remember sitting there on the little bed holding an ice pack on my head and thinking to myself that Mom was going to be mad at me. Mom wasn't mad (or she kept it hidden) but she did take me to the dr's where I had to lay down and get 7 stitches in my head right on the hairline. As I was laying there though I was soo afraid that I wasn't going to be able to go back to school afterwards and I didn't want to miss the Valentine's Day party. Talk about my priorities. :) All was well though, and Mom took me back to school with a very stylish Ace bandage around my head and I got to enjoy the party, crafts & treats.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Laura

Let's hope the comparison between you and Lilly ends with both of you enjoying the swings, and not with her ending up having stitches as well =)

Rebecca

I didn't remember that episode of yours! I'm impressed that you weren't sobbing over the trauma of it all--wow!