Mar 5, 2008

Flat Bread

The pinnacle part of my day must have been when I got back home from picking up James & Jared and getting some groceries. It was after 6 so I was hurrying to get some spaghetti going and put groceries away all the while Amelia is crying. Then Lilly peed her pants and I had to clean her up and while I was doing that the meat burned. There was still hope of me "getting it together" as James held Amelia and calmed her down, Lilly was all clean and playing quietly and Gage & Jared helped get the rest of the groceries put away. Then I pulled out the french bread to slice for dinner, the best part of a spaghetti dinner and half of it was squished flat. I had been so excited at the grocery store to get fresh bread, normally I end up with the hard "older" bread but en route home since it was so soft it was smushed. I looked at the boys, the boys looked at me and we just started laughing- of course mine was the "geeh, what a day laugh" and the boys were laughing just because it was funny. The rest of my dinner was made from the rocking chair which consisted of orders such as "James, put the oven rack to the top slot.", "Gage, set the table", "Jared, make some juice" "James watch the bread" "Jared stir the sauce" "Gage put cheese on the table" .. and we had a nice meal of Burnt Meat Sauce, Sticky Spaghetti Noodles and Burnt Crunchy Bread but it was the best. It was the best because after such a crazy day, everyone behaved at the table and it was nice. Amelia sat in the high chair and ate some mush, Lilly sat and fed herself, the boys didn't argue and there was a peaceful atmosphere.

0 comments: