Mar 19, 2008

Going to the DR.

I always struggle with whether or not I should take my girls to the doctor. I don't want to be one of those paranoid mothers who is always rushing their kids to the doctor. Then again, I don't want to be the Mom that ignored a symptom that turned out to be something really awful. What to do?? Amelia has had a cold for the last week but other than not sleeping she has still been her happy self. I read up in my book I received when she was born, pulled up webmd and read about her symptoms there but since she can't really tell me what hurts or where.. it is all just speculation on my part. So, is she really sick enough to take to the doctor or should I wait it out longer?? Questions, questions.. Well, I am glad I have such a good husband who "when I ask for his opinion" says quite simply "If it will give you piece of mind to have the doctor check Amelia, then it is worth the trip to the doctor even if nothing is wrong." So, I called and made the appointment. Turns out she has a sore throat- nothing severe and it should have gone away on it's own but since it had been a week- the doctor put her on an antibiotic. She is finally sleeping peacefully in her swing after taking her 2nd dose so hopefully she'll be good as new in a couple days.

0 comments: