Mar 1, 2008

MEET the FAM!

Me- Allie. Thinker. I have a great mind that loves to dream, organize, read and play. I dream of the day when I won't have to worry, I make lists of lists to try to organize my life (in fact I have so many different lists started that even I can't keep track now), I read whenever I want a moment to myself and I play every day with my family or with my projects. I have been adapting to my new job as a "Stay at home" Mom. Some new things I am learning include: taking care of 2 little girls, learning to sew, learning to cook REAL meals, how much fun potty training is, managing MANy different schedules and how to keep a two year old busy.

Larry. My husband. My ROCK. He gives me peace of mind because I know he will ALWAYS take care of me, ALWAYS let me go shopping and ALWAYS love me. Currently, he is working full time, taking 4 classes towards his MBA & still making time to spend with us- video games, groceries, laughing and cleaning he does it all. Everyone who knows what he is doing thinks he is crazy and even though I secretly agree, I know he can get through it because he is so motivated & strong.

Gage. MVP. What would I do without him? I believe the saying "Can't live with him, can't live without him." applies to teenagers. At 14 it seems he still has TOO much to learn before he can survive on his own. Gage loves to play hockey. This weekend at his hockey tournament the coaches from the opposing team voted him the MVP of the game. What an accomplishment seeing as how he is one of the smallest on the team- not even weighing 100lbs yet while his teammates weigh up to 180lbs. Gabriel. BOY. Wednesday he brought home crickets from school to keep as pets. He named them Mozart and Bach. Imagine my surprise when Saturday morning I freak out at the sight of a HUGE bug on the wall and upon Larry's closer examination finds it to be a... cricket. Gabe is constantly soaking up information, not necessarily school work though. Whenever I see a game show on TV it makes me think of Gabe, always researching, reading or asking questions about a million different things.

Lillian. SWEET. She always says the funniest of things that make us laugh. She has learned how to get her way, after all, how can you say "no" when she asks so sweetly "Mommy, please can I have some ox cream (ice cream)." To top that off she even gives a hug and says "thanks" afterwards. I love catching her in the moment (when she doesn't think I am around) and listening or watching her sing a song to Amelia or playing "Papa" and fixing things around the house. She loves to hang out the the "boys" (Dad, Gage, Gabe, Josh, James & Jared), she's been surrounded by them that somedays she is just like a boy. Examples- "Hey Dude", "I farted..(followed by giggles and when prompted by Mommy also an 'excuse me'). I wish I could capture every second of her life- even the not so good times.

Amelia. CHEERFUL. I couldn't have asked for a happier baby. The smiles don't stop coming even when sick her smile was still present. If I could be more like her, smiling for no reason. I love to rock her to sleep and listen to the noises she makes almost as if she is singing to me. The things she likes most right now are- gumming on her fist/fingers or a blanket, being tickled under her chin, rolling over to find more toys, kicking her legs to make diaper changing even MORe of a challenge and just hanging out and being happy.



0 comments: