I got home from work and Lilly met me at the door super SUPER excited! I didn't even have time to hang up my purse or take off my shoes and she pulled me up the STAIRS to her ROOM. She made me close my eyes and then she turned on her bedroom light and said "ta DA! look MOM my room is all cleaned. I did it by myself cause Mia did not help me pick up the toys."
Dozens of emotions swirled through me as I gave her a great HUG and told her how proud I was and that she did an AMAZING job. This all on the week leading up to her big 5 BIRTHday. She sure is growing, so fast that I miss even the littlest things- like a messy room that she needs me to help her clean. Or the sandwich that I no longer have to make for her, the milk I don't need to pour and teeth that get brushed without my help. I have to start facing the facts- my little LILLIAN is getting smarter, braver, and more independent each moment!
Aug 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment