So, I shovelled the driveway this morning while the girls played. At 2 we went BACK outside but this time for us all to play! It was snowing again and coming down pretty thick & steady.
Lilly didn't want me to fix her hat so she could see- she wanted her eyes to be warm too!
Amelia needs a new grammy hat- her's isn't long enough to cover her ears so she wore this one instead. When we were bundling up to go out, she informed me that she didn't need globes (gloves). I said NO WAY can you go out without them. Especially after her fit this morning when she got cold. Silly girl.
This is Lilly's attempt at a snowman. This snow wasn't made for packing (it's really sof) so hopefully for me that means it'll go away fast??
Freezing my legs off but having lots of fun! And yes, i was wearing gloves, I just took them off to take a picture.
The slide is a little slippery- Mia went down much faster than she anticipated.
So we were outside til almost 3, right around when Gage got home. Larry left work at 3 so he could make it home to watch the Chargers pre-game show since they are playing tonight on Monday Night Football! That plan didn't work out quite so well. Gage shovelled the driveway a 2nd time when he got home. All the workers out Hanford/Battelle area were told to go home at 3 as well.. which meant... TRAFFIC! But not just any kind of traffic. Bad weather, city non-responsive, EVERYONE trying to get home, TONS OF ACCIDENTS EVERYWHERE TRAFFIC!! So, he left at 3pm, it's 9.7 miles to get home. I took this picture at 5:30pm (does it look like we were in the backyard playing at all.. just 3 hours ago?)
I have ICICLES ON MY HOUSE!! And my hubby is still NOT home and now it's 6:20. So, he's been in the car now for 3 HOURS and 20 MINUTES, and yes, it's only 9.7 miles. I did some quick MATH when he was about halfway home and if he goes at the same rate he has been then he WILL NOT get home until almost 9PM- that's 6 HOURS OF TRAFFICE TIME. Not to mention this whole time he was trying to get HOME TO WATCH the CHARGERS play tonight. The games been on for almost an hour- YEAH, he's NOT a HAPPY CAMPER. I'll update below on his actual arrival time when he does finally make it home to a nice hot bowl of BROCOLI SOUP!
LARRY DID FINALLY MAKE IT HOME- AT 7. So, he did get to watch some of the Chargers Game AND see us before we all went to bed. Needless to say, that was probably the worst 4 HOURS he's spent in a car.
1 comments:
(I thought I already wrote a comment on this--oops!)
The pictures are so pretty--makes me really MISS the snow! Larry's drive home, however, is quite crazy! Wow!
Stay warm and cozy and safe!
Post a Comment