Nov 22, 2010

Winter is here!

This is what it looked like outside when I went to bed at 11 last night- after a nice and dry morning even. I don't mind snow... just hate driving in it here because it seems as if every time we get some snow- the cities don't know what to do or how to respond like they do in "big snow" cities.


This morning when Lilly looked out the window she was super excited and asked me if today was Christmas! I think, to her, today COULD have been Christmas. She was excited, happy, and wanting to go "make things" in the snow. Who needs gifts when we have snow to play with? Amelia wasn't quite as excited as Lilly, she had fun in the snow up until she got some on her face- then it was a cry of "get me outta this cold stuff..NOW".


It was a pleasant surprise- mostly since I don't HAVE to be driving anywhere today unless I decide to. The girls & I went outside and they played a little while I shoveled the driveway. On my mental checklist I need to add:
1. Lilly needs new boots.
2. Amelia needs slightly bigger snowpants- but not imperative.
3. I need a new hat.
4. We need new gloves b/c I can't seem to find a match to any of the 12 we have.
5. Hm.. to buy a sled or not to buy a sled?

2 comments:

Audrey

I love that the girls were excited to be in the snow...did they get hot chocolate when they came inside?

Allie

No hot chocolate, they won't drink it until it's all cold. We made some no bakes and broccoli soup for dinner though!