Jan 3, 2011

Rides of Thursday!

Thursday we started out the day in California Adventure park in Bug's Land! During all the hustle bustle we got all split up. Larry, Gage & Mia ended up without us. Laura, Seth, Tiff, J2, Quinn, Gabe, Lilly & I went and watched Bug's Life's "It's tough to be a bug". The kids didn't care for it too much though it always makes me squirm. Then we went to ride the rides in Bug's Land. Larry, Gage, Mia, Josh & Megan went and watched the show too. Apparently, Mia freaked out right at the beginning to Larry took her out.


HEIMLICH'S CHEW CHEW TRAIN
For some silly reason, they wouldn't allow the 3 little kids to be in a seat by themselves but they'd allow Laura, Mia & Myself in a seat- crazy since this ride was SOO SLOW. But definitely a fun ride for the little little ones- Lilly & Seth weren't that impressed with it.

Tuck & Roll's Drive'Em Buggies
A good kid version of Bumper cars, again a little slow for adults but more entertaining than Heimlich- sorry Heimlich. I rode with Mia and she had a hard time reaching the gas pedal but was determined to push it. Lilly liked bumping into the other cars.


FRANCIS LADYBUG BOOGIE
I think ALL the kids loved this one- sorta like the teacup ride at disney. We waiting a couple extra rotations so we could all get on the ride at the same time (using 4 ladybugs). Lilly just HAD to ride with Laura & Seth so I got in a ladybug with Tiff, Quinn & Mia. We didn't go nearly as fast as Laura's group but both Quinn & Mia were smiling.

Flik's Flyers
This one was fun, we lifted up into the air in our APPLESAUCE box. Again... another ride where Lilly wanted to ride with Laura & Seth (which worked out wonders and was cute that she & Seth bonded again).

THAT'S ALL FOR BUG'S LAND. I WANTED TO GO BACK BUT WITH EVERYTHING ELSE GOING ON.. WE DIDN'T MAKE IT BACK. 

While the girls & I were in Bug's Land.. Grandpa, Larry, J2, Josh, Megan, James, Gage, Jared & Gabe went off to ride faster, scarier rides. California Screamin, Tower of Terror & Indiana Jones. Grandpa & J2 skipped out on Indiana Jones as they didn't want to wait the 1.5 hour wait. Gage's favorite of those 3 was Tower of Terror, Larry & Gabe both preferred Indiana Jones. The only bad part about separating out like we did is that I don't have much to blog about the Boys adventures that don't include the Girls.

The Pofahls stopped to take a picture with Minnie Mouse, the rest of us went on to:

REDWOOD CREEK
Lilly wanted to walk with Laura & Seth and Tiff was courageous enough to take both Quinn & Mia up on the rope bridges by herself so that I could take pictures from below. This was a nice break for the kids to just get to run around, go down slides and climb towers.

KING TRITON'S CAROUSEL
Both my girls LOVE carousel's of any kind it's always been one of their favorites. The prefer horses but they did still enjoy riding on some of King Triton's colorful FISH!


We ate lunch and then separated into groups again. We lost Tiff & Quinn. Laura, Seth, Lilly, Amelia & I were anxious to ride more rides so away we went. Next stop...


GOLDEN ZEPHYR
Both Lilly & Seth wanted to ride on these rockets. We got in line and since there were 5 of us... realized when it was our turn that we could only ride 2 to a seat. SO, we let Seth & Lilly ride together with Laura behind them and then Amelia & I rode in one together. I was a little nervous about it since it does "fly" over the water and the inside didn't have a "door" on it at all and they were only strapped in by a seatbelt. To make matters even worse Lilly was in the rocket ahead of me and she turned around in her seat and started waving at me over the side of the rocket. I felt like yelling at her to "SIT DOWN & KEEP YOUR HANDS IN" but alas, the ride ended and everyone was safe! I'm just a nervous mommy.

We went over to California Soarin next. Amelia was too little to ride so Mom & Dad stayed with her while the rest of us went. Oh, and J2 took Quinn so we had Tiff on the ride with us too. This is one of my favorites and it still is. Lilly liked it as well and said she thought her feet were going to get wet when we were soarin over the ocean!

We met back up with Mom & Dad. Mia fell asleep so Mom & Dad sat with her & the Pofahls while they watched the Disney Dancers in Hollywood. Larry met us over there and we went on Monsters Inc. Mike & Sully to the Rescue. It was okay.

JUMPIN JELLYFISH
Amelia was still sleeping but since Larry was with us we all headed towards the Jumpin Jellyfish ride. Lilly wanted to ride this earlier when it was just Laura, Seth, Mia, her & I but it's a 2 person ride, Mia wasn't tall enough and neither Seth nor Lilly could ride by themselves.... so it was a no go until NOW. She got to ride with Daddy though and loved it!

And since the Jumpin Jellyfish ride was right next to the Golden Zephyr, Lilly wanted to ride it again. By this time, James, Jared, Gage & Gabe met back up with us so Gabe went with Lilly & Jared rode with Seth. I was a little more relaxed the 2nd time with her on the ride. And you can tell that both she & Seth LOVED IT!


SWINGS
I can't remember the name of this one- it's the swings! Gage reluctantly went with Lilly as she wanted to go and neither Larry or I care much for this ride. They looked like they had a fun time though and both Rebecca & Laura said it was more fun than they thought it would be. So, maybe next time i'll try it out.

and the LAST ride of the day....

MICKEY'S FERRIS WHEEL
I have NEVER liked ferris wheels- when it stops and go's while loading and unloading- UGH! I was going to go, but I was able to get out of it because while we were in line Mia had to use the bathroom so I took her and by the time we got back the line was really far forward and I didn't want to push my way through. I was able to lower Mia over a wall to Jared so that she could go on it though. The brave souls were; Laura, Seth, Jared, Larry, Lilly & Mia. And not only did they ride the Ferris Wheel- they rode in a SWINGING cart. Both Larry & Laura said that was a BIG mistake. Amelia was shivering scared but Lilly & Seth were giggling and having a great time. Lilly told Josh & Megan later that this was her favorite ride because she went back and forth and daddy freaked out!

This was the end of the rides for Thursday! We ate dinner and were maybe going to stay for the Light show but opted to take our tired whiny kids back to the hotel instead. Gabe was able to stay with the Pofahls and watch the show and he said it was AWESOME! Another thing to put on our list for next time!

(I'm sure i've left out something but that's a good summary of everything.)

0 comments: