Jan 2, 2011

2010 Annual Story Game

This was the first year in a LONG time that our entire family was TOGETHER for Christmas. Thus, this is the first time in a long time that we've all participated in Mom's Story Game. For Seth & Megan- it was their 1st EVER (and possibly Carson- i can't remember). Mom's storybook this year was:



Since there were so many of us, some of us got the same word which made trading presents even crazier- can you imagine what it will be like 10 years from now? I can't wait- it'll be AWESOME! I'm so glad that Mom & Dad decided to stick with the Story Game even though we were in California, i would've missed it terribly.

Waiting anxiously for the FUN to begin!!

Snapshots AMID the hussle & bustle of present trading!

We opened the gifts oldest to youngest, like a white elephant game where the next in line gets to either trade with someone whose already opened a present or open their own present. Thus, Dad started the game and opened.... a cute Purple Hair Band & a Fairy Doll!! He was thrilled!
What was even funnier was that NEXT up was Larry... who opened almost the exact same thing as Dad only his was a PINK hair band and a Fairy!!Mia didn't mind though.
Nathan got a spiderman pack of paper/pencils etc...
You can't see it but Geoff opened up Scooby Doo the MOVIE!
Rebecca..a Green Latern blaster toy- I can see Carson eyeing it already!
Laura- strawberry shortcake & another hair band!
J2- from James' disapointment you know he must've opened up some Playomobiles- James' favorites.
Tiff- thrilled to get some new socks!
Me- IRON Man pencil/paper pack thing. Mia thought it was cool too
but not AS cool as Daddy's fairy doll.
Josh- 3 stooges dvd's! He did trade Tiff for the socks!
Megan opened more Playmobiles... sorry James!
Now James lucked out- NO picture of him opening anything BECAUSE... he traded Megan for her Playmobiles and then Megan opened up a cupcake book which she liked much better too!

Gage- How to train your dragon dvd. He really liked this movie
and I was excited since I hadn't seen it.
Jared- more tools. I think he said this is the 3rd year in a row he's opened up tools.
It may be a hint...
Gabe- in his element as he got a Lego toy & book.
I must've been slacking as I have no picture of Grace either- she got a boy something cause then she traded for one of the extra gifts and opened up some cute flower pillowcases!

Preston opened up a STar Wars puzzle!
Lilly unwrapped some cute Halloween pillowcases, then went and asked
Gage for a trade.
Seth got playmobiles- he was definitely content to keep those!
Carson got a Smithsonian Art Craft Kit.

I got NO pictures of the 2 wiggliest kids- imagine that!

Amelia traded Grandpa for the Head Band & Fairy. Grandpa THEN opened up a Sparkling Beaded bracelet. He's luck!

Quinn- Star wars Lego which he LOVED!!

There were probably some trades that happened that I didn't register as I DID not come home with my Iron Man kit- but whom it went too...no clue. The fun part of this game is mostly being together and having a great time. We always remember the silliest gifts.  


 

0 comments: